View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My preferences would be:

1. The Wild Heart (I never used to be sure about this, but ultimately, it's quintessential Stevie.)
2. Bella Donna (Even though this is not the most flattering of photos, I love the outfit and the blue hues. I would have preferred the "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" or "After The Glitter Fades" covers for the album shot, but it's still an iconic cover.)
3. 24 Karat Gold (Who would have thought that after all these years of carefully cultivated album shoots, Stevie would opt for a polaroid, most likely by her own hand? I dislike the hat, but overall, it works surprisingly well. She also happens to look gorgeous.)
4. Trouble In Shangri-La (I remember preferring the shot of her sitting - as per Richard B's post - at the time of release, but I grew to really love this cover. I still don't know that waving her arse at us was necessarily the best idea, but it does work rather well.)
5. Rock A Little (I really dig this shot, but it's difficult to get beyond all the 'doctoring' of the image. Her face looks similar to how it did on the back cover of the Tango In The Night album ie kinda fraudulent - reminiscent of Donna Mills. That said, it is a striking pose and does capture the essence of the album.)
6. The Other Side Of The Mirror (I love the vibrancy of this shot, but agree with others that the photoshopping of Stevie's face is absurd. I always thought the back photo should have been on the front.)
7. Street Angel (This could have been worse. The actual photo isn't too bad, it's more the amateurish graphics that make it look so lame.)
8. In Your Dreams (This is simply hideous. Others have commented on Stevie's face looking too young - I'm more concerned with just how ugly and distorted she looks. The cover of "Secret Love" or the ubiquitous promo photo of her in the top hat both would have been preferable to the actual cover.)