View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb-Maat-Re View Post
I note that in the other thread about Benifold there was a poster whose grandfather had owned (and named) Benifold.

Has anyone tried contacting them with a PM to see if they or a relative knew of Mrs Scarrott?

Scarrott as a surname isn't all that common.

According to the Find-a-grave website, there is a Mrs Scarrott buried in the All Saints Churchyard in Headley. She was born in 1918, so would be 54 in 1972 - the Mrs Scarrott on the record sounds a little older than that.

Of course, Find-a-grave relies on user contributions, and not all cemeteries are complete - some just have the few entries individuals have posted.
Unfortunately its not the Mrs Scarrott laid to rest in All Saints Churchyard. I managed to contact that lady's daughter who confirmed it was neither her mother not her grandmother.

However, she did say;
'fleetwood mac were very well known in those days,they would spend time in two places one was headley grange in liphook road and the other was in headley road but alass cant remember the name of the house,im so sorry but it was not my mother or grandmother, but there was another mr and mrs scarrott that lived in headley road'