View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I had great luck with the temp agency. I worked for 3 different ones from 1999-2001. Between the 3 I was always working, when I wanted to. They paid me good money too.
Being self employed is great but when you work for someone else, like you did, you have to bend to their wishes. Telling you that you can't take the time off to go to a concert because of it being the busy season is a fair assessment for an employer. That's because they don't consider entertainment important. You should have white lied it and told them you were going to California for your brother's wedding. Don't have a brother?? Who cares when the story is fictional anyways. LOL. Now look at your life Skip. That was a few years ago and you're still unemployed. You are too young to be retired IMO but the longer you wait to get a new job, the harder it is gonna be to get one.
I agree.Yea I never had luck with the temp agencies even 20 years ago.I'm working PT at some odd jobs .Like self employed .Plus stocks that help pay the bills .It keeps me busy.

My back is to shot to go back into warehousing which I did not mind doing as long its runned properly.

I'm glad that you have good luck with them.

I agree on the white lies.Its none of their freaking business what I do on my time off.I guess I was to honest there .I learned some lessons like keeping my mouth shut about my personal doings.I was to open at that place.Also why I should bend since they know I do traveling every summer to concerts.The tour happen to fall late that year.I would be in big trouble with this FM tour if I was still at the company.So far the shows are on weekends and it would be not a issue if I was still there.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016