View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Those temp agency places are a joke.I never had luck with them and they offer jobs that are an hour or two away from home with crap pay.Its not worth driving with todays gas prices to a low wage job .

Self employed is the best way to go.Your own boss .Take time off anytime for concert tours or whatever.

The last job I had was a joke because they were upset because I wanted to take a week off to go on vacation and see Stevie on tour.Which I earned two weeks off every year.They told me I only can take a couple days off since its start of the busy season At that moment I gave my two weeks and move on.Who needs that crap if you cant take vacation time when I want it.

Thats what happen with a place with poor management that cant place its employees if one goes on vacation.

Good luck Sadangel you have a skill.They said the market is doing alittle better.
I had great luck with the temp agency. I worked for 3 different ones from 1999-2001. Between the 3 I was always working, when I wanted to. They paid me good money too.
Being self employed is great but when you work for someone else, like you did, you have to bend to their wishes. Telling you that you can't take the time off to go to a concert because of it being the busy season is a fair assessment for an employer. That's because they don't consider entertainment important. You should have white lied it and told them you were going to California for your brother's wedding. Don't have a brother?? Who cares when the story is fictional anyways. LOL. Now look at your life Skip. That was a few years ago and you're still unemployed. You are too young to be retired IMO but the longer you wait to get a new job, the harder it is gonna be to get one.