View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Lost my job today.....

Sorry, this isn't something that I wanted to advertise, but I guess I'm looking for the support.

Feeling pretty devastated to say the least. I was in the running for two open positions within the department I was working and I wasn't even considered for either. There was a lower support Technician position and a Coordinator position. The Technician position was basically what I had been doing now, as a temp which is why I don't understand why they passed me over. The Coordinator position required more supervisory experience which I didn't have because I've been laid off so many times from so many different places that I haven't been able to stay long enough to gain that experience.

I started there as an intern in that department in July, and because a staff member left was able to score the temporary job until now. When I first started the temp job, my boss left for vacation and with only two days of training I had to manage the office by myself. I just don't understand how after working three months there and showing and saying that I wanted to be there and help their mission that they all of a sudden didn't need me. I literally could have up and left after that first week if I wanted to and didn't give a crap, but no I stayed and now after all this time I'm getting the shaft.

It was with an organization that I really liked and wanted to work for in the long term. I just can't believe I got passed over when I already had the experience working their previously.