Thread: Neil Finn
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I have been a huge fan of Neil and Crowded House since the 80’s. It’s been my favorite band second to FLEETWOOD MAC. Neil’s vocals/productions studio wizardry always reminded me of Lindsey Buckingham. Working from home these last several months I have been listening to my very large cd collection. I have a lot off Finn stuff. It made me think how great it would have been if The latest Fleetwood Mac would have recorded some new songs last year. I don’t think we will ever get anything new from this incarnation......but over the past 40 plus years as a fan I have been proven wrong. Discuss.....
i remember when first word came out of Mick friending Neil Finn, that i thought how Neil and Lindsey would get along so well, with their sensibilities, and how LB-NF collaboration might be so cool, if it's in our future.

guess instead we are getting Neil Finn arranged Mick Fleetwood songs instead. maybe a new solo Mick album is in the works?

now i'm instead looking forward to LB - The Killers collaborations, live and in studio, especially what we heard from The Killers about possible live performances. and i like that collaboration even better than LB-NF. so all good!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"