View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
This. Just think, back in the 70s after Lindsey and Stevie split he could have easily pushed her out of FM. Lindsey was who the band wanted after all... and Stevie wasn't taken seriously by anyone in FM, even after she had been a member for years. She was a source of constant fodder for music critics, too. Especially after her affair with Mick, I think Lindsey could have made a pretty solid case to can her. Not to mention it was a hugely male-centered world back then. Getting rid of Stevie would likely have been all to easy.

Even in the 80s when Stevie was spiraling out of control and was essentially absent from the Tango recordings, Lindsey didn't try to get her fired. Instead, he just walked away. Without Lindsey, Stevie would not be famous, period. So for her to shove him out of the band just seems heinously duplicitous... especially considering the reasoning the band gave for his firing. No one has made FM wait around and burn through precious time more than Stevie Nicks.

As far as Lindsey being a diva, I just don't see it. He's not the one who demands concert footage be reshot with ridiculous overdubbed close-ups. He's not the one with excessive tour riders regarding food & hotels etc. He's not the one who comes & goes in the studio as he pleases. Yeah, he has super high expectations and demands in regards to quality- but how exactly is that a bad thing? He was essentially the architect of the band's sound; he absolutely put in more studio time than anyone in the band- 2/3 of the time working on songs that weren't even his. So I think he earned the right to challenge the others to up their respective games.

Again, Stevie has always been my favorite member... I'm no blind Lindsey sycophant. I just feel this whole situation is grossly unfair to Lindsey, and the band's legacy itself. Yes, the band has always reinvented itself... but it's not 1975 anymore. They have frozen into a solid definition, and Lindsey is a key part of that equation.

I have missed you.

And this post... This... all of it.. 100%... It's how I feel...

I might add. I'm so curious to know what Christine really thinks.. I know she's under contract and not much she can do... but has she called Lindsey? Do they still talk after the amazing musical adventure they had together? I can't lose faith in BuckVie... $tevie lost me when I expected more from her.. .Mick... I didn't expect much... Still wrapping my head around the last Fleetwood Mac album (BuckVie) and the bands ruined legacy.