View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Oh dear. It seems we have started to make this a discussion of other PEOPLE rather than band members.

This is a bad idea, as it invites them to respond in a defensive fashion, and then you respond back, and then they respond... all so tiresome.

I encourage those who feel they may be one of the five fire-flamed to refrain from asking "is it me" and just not worry about it. I also wouldn't bother with any "counter-attacks." We really don't want pages of this, do we?
I don't think the 5 posters care what I think about them, so I doubt any of them would ask "is it me." Besides, it's really easy to figure out who my post was referring to- the people who post they hate FM and call them names and yet post repeatedly on a forum designed for FM fans. They hate FM, they've posted they hate FM, and they continue to post they hate FM. Maybe there could be another forum on the Ledge devoted to "people who hate FM?"

But really, I got it off my chest so I can let it go. It's sad to see a few folks leave the board, but I can see why. Missy in particular seemed like a nice person. She treated everybody with respect. A message board for fans of FM has been taken over by 5 people who continually post nasty and negative threads. Telling other posters to shut up, or to leave the Ledge, or to not post in "their" forum, doesn't that invite "counter attacks?" Or are people supposed to not respond to those comments?

As the 5 say, I have a right to express my feelings. The difference is, I just won't do it several times a week on several threads like they do. It's too bad they seem determined to insult members to the point that they quit the board.