View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 02:40 AM
Junior Ledgie

Hi,

I was at the Seattle show, too. I agree with a lot of what the OP said.

I thought Christine really filled the space she was allotted: her songs are so iconic: Hold Me, You Make Loving Fun, Everywhere, Wish You Were Here, and more. I was so glad that she could shine, as she did, with about half the showtime being for her songs.

I couldn't understand why "Lay Down for Free" was his closing song. He must hold it in higher esteem than I do. That was an incongruous moment.

"Hold Me" was the first most openly celebrated song of the evening. People were singing along, dancing, a crowd started gathering at the front of the stage. That's really one of FM's key songs, and personally it's not at the top of my list, but it's totally worthy, and they did it well.

I've seen Lindsey 4 times, and this night in Seattle I felt he was having the most fun I've seen him have while performing.

I loved that they just plunged into most songs without an introductory "this song is about.. redemption" or whatever has been said in the past. Lindsey did go on a schpiel about L&C's newfound chemistry, but at least it only happened once, and that's just the way Lindsey acts! Compared to the OP, I had a different interpretation of the interruption to Lindsey's speech. I thought that Christine was listening, and - when Lindsey said "I think I know what it is that makes our chemistry so great (paraphrase)," Christine said "tell me!" and then Lindsey said to her, "oh, you've heard this so many times." I didn't hear an audience member shout something out, but both could have happened simultaneously.

It was a fantastic concert: great weather, great tunes, couldn't ask for more.