View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Put yourself in his shoes...

He was the last person to join the band, to be made a PARTNER in the band. An OWNER. Joe and Timothy were never offered that(the machine was getting too big, by the time they came along).

So Bernie and Randy quit, which meant that Frey, Felder, and Henley were ~now~ the three sole owners of the band. 1/3 each.

Now, there's no denying that Frey and Henley were the two principles in the band, since they were both the singers and primary songwriters. BUT, let's call a spade a spade. Felder owned his 1/3 of the band, and rightly deserved his 1/3 of the profits. Because that was legally the deal.

And greed took over, and Frey and Henley wanted more. I agree that they're the more popular ones, and maybe Felder should have given in. Probably in hindsight, he wishes that he had given in. But he certainly didn't have to, and I'm not sure if I'd want to give into their greed, and give up what was legally mine...

Also, back in the day, touring revenue had always been split 20% for each of the 5 members. Later, Henley and Frey wanted Felder, Walsh and Schmidt knocked down to 10% of the profits. 10% of a Gazillion dollars is still a sh*t ton of money, but he didn't want to back down, even demanding to see the books. Timothy called him, and told him he should sign the "10%" deal, but he wasn't having it. That's why they fired him.

They really did screw him, IMO.
I totally agree. My issue though is that he took the settlement and yet continues to bitch and moan. I agree they screwed him big time but you can't take the money and then expect to me let back in the band. I always thought Henley and Fry were great songwriters and muscians but as people they sucked big time. Very hypocritcial considering they bitch and moan about corporate greed etc and then their tickets are priced so the very people they despise are the majority of the purchasers. 1,000 bucks for 1 front row ticket.

One thing I find amusing though is in the documentary Glenn's reasoning for wanting more money on the HFO tour was because he and Don filled stadiums and arena's when the Eagles were broken up.

Well that is mostly true ( Frey fails to mention that he was the Opening act for Tina Turner in 85-86 if I have the years correct) and that by 93-94 he was not a big draw and if he were to have toured solo it wouldn't have been arenas he would have played but likley small theaters.

Their Ego's were soo big I don't know how anyone could put up with them.