View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
They really are excellent.
The other big British tribute band- Fleetwood Bac are very different (straight Rumours-era: virtually exactly the same as the present FM set list) but also very good. I don't know his name but Lindsey in Fleetwood Bac in particular is incredible.
I thought Fleetwood Bac were better than RoFM. The setlist perhaps wasn't as interesting, but they nailed their "tribute" to the Rumours-era line up perfectly. "Stevie" totally has Lady Nicks' speaking voice down!

My only critique is that the era's were a bit mashed up. Fleetwood Bac's Lindsey is clearly based on White album/Rumours era, whilst Stevie was more TINT era.

I can't remember their exact set from when I saw them, but they opened with "You Make Loving Fun", closed the main set with "The Chain" and did "Tusk" and "Go Your Own Way" as an encore. They also did "Edge of Seventeen" and 'Lindsey' made some funny crack about "oh ****, we've gotta do a Stevie solo song!".

RoFM were good, but not great. Their Lindsey, whilst a very talented guitarist, isn't a strong vocalist and as a result, there weren't many Lindsey songs in the set at all. Also, their Christine doesn't actually play keyboards, she just stands behind one with a tambourine. Both ladies had good voices, but it was all a bit "cruise ship" for me. RoFM seem to excel more at the pre-Buckingham Nicks era material.

Last edited by TheWILDheart; 07-15-2015 at 06:10 AM..