View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 05:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

There's a video at the source and they talk about him at approximately 8.30 minutes in or thereabouts.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/empire...-number-three/

It’s been almost three years since Empire Of The Sun‘s last record Ice On The Dune but Luke Steele and Nick Littlemore are nearing closer to finishing their third LP.

The pair took to Facebook for a live Q&A today and revealed a few little nuggets of information about when to expect it and who they worked with.

Steele usually tours the project without Littlemore but they both appeared together for the Q&A and seemed to be enthused about the new album which they think “should be done in about a month”.

As reported by triple j, the two are eyeing a September release for the record but they haven’t locked anything down yet. They are, however, about to go to Hollywood’s Henson recording studios for 10 days to finish it off.

While we don’t have much information about what the album’s direction is, there is some particularly exciting news that they revealed. They did two days of writing with Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham.

“A pretty big coup for us,” Littlemore said.

“Obviously we’ve been heavily influenced by Fleetwood Mac over the years and there are some other people but I think they’ll be revealed once the record’s in the can.”

The ever-ambitious EOTS boys are also looking towards a film project on top of the album. Their music videos have always been epic affairs but this sounds like it will be something even bigger.

“We’re gonna make a movie – it’s coming, we’ve been talking about it for long enough,” they said.

It’s going to be a “psychedelic road movie” and will no doubt be as wild and whacky as the duo themselves.

Right now they’re focussing on album number three though and then they will look towards the movie. Busy times.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"