Thread: Lindsey's women
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryscutter
Yes, I think people are assuming a lot. Besides I don't think Lindsey was this big martyr innocent either. He was doing drugs and having sex with groupies. It's all just part of Rock & Roll.
Assuming a lot about what? That Stevie had affairs with just about every man Lindsey ever knew including childhood idols, his musician friends and famous singer-songwriters in other high profile bands? We didn't think that was just an assumption. Maybe some of these men are lying about her? It's a possibility, but the information is out there in the public domain and has been for many years. Besides, nobody said LB was a martyr. He got his licks in when he wanted to. He just did it in a childish manner directed to her in person not via trashing her personally in the press or having affairs with all her women friends in her entourage or other female rock stars of the day. Nobody said he was a boy scout. We were simply commenting on what it must have been like for him to sit in the same room with her and help her with her songs while she was having relationships with people he could not avoid either. Is it any wonder why he became such a recluse? The only assumption I see is that he remained friends with a lot of these men she was with. I'm sure he couldn't avoid the entire music industry at some point. I know that's an overstatement, but I think you can see what we're getting at. She left him and I don't think there is any dispute he still loved her when that happened. He never wanted her to go.

I see a slight difference in him moving on to random nobodies for companionship or sex because his woman didn't want him anymore, and what she did in having known affairs with many men in his social circle and working environment. He also still had to see her all the time in working situations. I don't think I could have done what he did and lived to tell about it, except maybe from a cell at San Quenton awating execution or doing 30 years to life. Wisper murder in your ear.

Last edited by glitter_fades; 07-03-2005 at 01:32 PM..