View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Feel better, dear moderator. May I suggest getting someone to drive you to go get a second opinion? Shingles normally happen to the elderly, usually to those well beyond 70. My suggestion is to rush to a dermatologist. Crazy allergies this fall, which is unusual. Is it possible it is not shingles? Do you live in a very wooded area? Believe me, I mean not to make this worse for you by prying. I just think it can be a poison shumack (sp?) or something more likely for a person considerably younger than 40, which I take you as.
Even shingles when 50-ish is very uncommon.
Fibromyalgia, when it's most awful, can imitate shingles. Especially, if the pain is in all four quandrants of your body, do not discount fibromyalgia. There are 8 pressure points they give you a test at that quickly reveal if that's causing your suffering. My Mom's physical therapist, who is 43, has it. A rheumatoid arthritis doctor would be who to see for the fibromyalgia. The therapist I was speaking of had no idea she even had arthritis, let alone fibromyalgia.
If it is shingles, definitely, huge doses of Vitamin C may help relieve some of your discomfort, it helped my aunt.
Best wishes for comfort and pain-free days to you, soon!!! Get an outrageous amount of bedrest, guilt free. You need to. xo
I don't have any type of rash- nothing at all to be seen on the skin. The diagnosis was given tentatively, based on the ("textbook") symptoms I am experiencing.

Considerably younger than 40? Bless your heart- I'm 42. I am staying in bed again today. Praying for NO rash.