View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
In his "Mailbag," Lefsetz published two emails from readers who agreed with him.

Those two readers just happened to be the executive producer and music producer of Ellen.

I imagine Lefsetz is counting on the fact that very few people will actually take the time to click on those links to the performance to verify what he says, and just accept his claim that their performance on Ellen was so incredible that it has outshone anything they have done in recent memory. Read: Buy tickets to see them now, folks!

I've subscribed for years, and I've never seen a more blatant example of Lefsetz being a "company man."

If you're curious, here are the employee emails of which I speak:
Subject: Re: The Chain

This piece made me very happy, Bob. During the soundcheck I turned to a younger co-worker next to me and said, "...and all of those sounds are actually coming from the band!" They even count themselves in, instead of clips or digital tracks counting them in. Mick Fleetwood on drums sounded incredible. And the whole band looked so happy to be performing together. It was a booking Jonny Norman, our Co-EP and music booker wanted so badly, and it was so much fun.

Ed Glavin
Exec. Producer, The Ellen Show

Subject: Re: The Chain

Longtime fan, first time caller!

Thanks for this Bob, I'm the Music Producer at Ellen, and this booking was 15 years in the making, and let me tell you, they were incredible. I wish you had been in the room, because it was electric. They sounded not only better than ever, they sounded fresh, like a new band. I?m not sure even the band thought it could be possible, that they could reinvent the wheel at this stage of their career and succeed, but they did it.

And their work ethic. So many acts show up, perform their song, and get right back into their car. Not these guys. They show up early, they rehearse, they stay long after to make sure it sounds great, they work HARD. And that's why it works. And why this machine has been working for so long. They actually CARE about the music. And they?ve been smart. They have an amazing team of people around them, from the top - down. It was an extraordinary thing to be a part of and to watch them create their magic. And I'm so happy you posted our clip and felt the same way.

Best,
Jonathan
_______
Jonathan Norman
Co-Executive Producer
"The Ellen DeGeneres Show"
Karen probably wrote these emails