View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
so out of curiosity I posted a question about this to Dashut when this first came up. He's just gotten to answering it, and despite his earlier protestations that the current tour was NOT all about money, he seems to finally admit the cash grab is indeed a big motivator for much of the band:

Anonymous: Stevie seems to have her knickers in a knot about doing another Fleetwood Mac album after the current tour. She says she can't say whether she will "feel like" doing an album with them when the tour is over or not. What do you make of this? Body language on tour lately seems to indicate some friction between her and Lindsey. (Despite their professionalism, they're human and emotions do show). They were all about how they'd finally resolved differences last tour. WTF do u think is going on??

Dashut: I haven’t seen any of the recent shows lately so assuming what you are saying is correct, (because I have heard this from many others who have seen the show now) I believe we could be seeing signs of conflicting schedules in the future. I know Stevie has a busy solo career going on with her popularity seemingly greater than ever. She probably has many opportunities on her own in the new year and is perhaps feeling frustrated with what I now call “Tour Creep”, or the natural ability of a Fleetwood Mac tour to go on endlessly, making money all the way, which is hard for the other band members to resist. The feeling she could be “trapped” in a successful tour, may be keeping her from her own future vision at a period of life when time is of the essence. After all, she is an artist first. Don’t bet against a new Fleetwood Mac album with Stevie on it, I still believe they will work things out and give history what it wants. This is just my opinion, and my opinion only and take full responsibility for the comments that shall surly follow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Could be that Stevie has not said she's on board with recording is because she knows Mick will probably want to extend the tour into 2016 so they can promote the new album...She's already committed to 3 years of FM and changed her recording schedule to accommodate the band...She simply might want time off...
As I posted earlier...I wonder if this is closer to the reason behind her reluctance to commit to another FM project maybe it has a little less to do with LB and more to do with the never ending FM plans..Let Stevie take 2 years off then FM can come back in 2018 with a final album from the five as well as a farewell tour...