View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Your talking about the Pittsburgh show? I was there. It was also my first Stevie concert. You are right on about that show. Very weird and bizzare. Not at her best for sure.

I saw in 86 in Pittsburgh for Rock a Little and even though she was still on drugs, it was a better performance.
LMAO that says ALOT. She was far more out of control during RAL but The Wild Heart tour was really when her career began to spin out of control especially with Joe Walsh touring with her. She got away with a lot more in 1983 because she was still beautiful and relied on sex appeal to carry her through. That was a gripe the Pittsburgh Press made about her.
I just remember being confused which is a really odd feeling to have after a concert. I had seen her 1981 solo concert on HBO and was in disbelief that 2 years later her concert was anything like the 1981 show. I have watched or listened to many Wild Heart Shows and IMHO Pittsburgh is by far the worst. You are correct, the opposite happened in 1986. Stevie was falling off stage and phoning in the shows yet her Pittsburgh stop was fairly decent and stable.
I just suspect staying up all night for the drive or flight from Philly the night before and some fight either with Kim or Joe before taking the stage. I was confused because her dad introduced her for this show. But Stevie said many years later that she stayed far away from him during this time because she was so crazy.
Sorry, I know some of these stories are old but I love Wild Heart tour stories from the pineapple throwing in Rhode Island and her babbling trying to explain Beauty and the Beast while high as a kite. "This is a story about a prince who gets turned into a beast because we don't know what he did"
Its so bad its good if you know what I mean. After all these years the show debuted on youtube. Amazing!