View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good picture of the band. Nice to see some publicity slowly coming out.

I read Bolin's review of Behind the Mask and thought it was interesting. Rolling Stone raved about it, so it was definitely a polarizing album. Personally, I think it's so middle of the road, it's hard to imagine anyone hating it. I love how he called In the Back of My Mind a remake of Tusk. First time I've ever heard that! He said FM greatest hits album didn't hit the top 10, but he forgot to mention it's sold millions of copies, probably the 2nd best selling FM album after Rumours. He says it didn't hit the top 10 because As Long As You Follow wasn't a hit, but a GH album doesn't need a new single to be a hit. He also says the lack of a hit single was due to Lindsey's absence. Save Me hit #33, but besides that, Peacekeeper and In My World weren't hit singles, either. Guess Mr. Bolin didn't think that maybe radio had changed in the late 80s and early 90s, with grunge taking over. It's unlikely any FM song would have hit the top 10 in 1990, whether Lindsey produced it or not, unfortunately. Even today, a new FM single is unlikely to chart, whether Lindsey produced it or not.

And yes, I know the picture's not real.