View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd gander to say that the deaths of the "three Bobs" (& especially Welch) had quite a bit to do with Christine's desire to return. Before, when every member of the band was still alive & kicking, I think she had a sense of immortality ("oh, I'll play again with them, just not right now") Once people she was close with started dropping, it probably was like a pitcher of ice water in the face & her mortality was brought to the fore.

That similar thing is what got Cream together for the 2005 tour. Jack Bruce nearly died after his liver transplant...Clapton had been complacent about a reunion, but when it was made all too real that one member may not be around for long, Clapton made it priority that Cream have their "closure" moment, reunion, retribution & goodbye.

That's probably what Christine was shocked into with the passing of 2 of her former bandmates & another who was always on the periphery.