View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Well, everyone's different. For me the aesthetics of Stevie matters as does the sound of the voice and her ability to move. Without these things, her being a 'poet' isn't enough to warrant an expensive concert ticket. Some people say that they'd pay through the nose to listen to her recite a phone book in bunny slippers, I've heard that kind of nonsense since the days of the old FM/Stevie board on AOL in the early 1990s. To which I say, REALLY? lol
Just to be clear, what I wrote wasn't that she could look horrible or recite a phone book. i just wrote that in the footage and concert I'd seen she looked fine, and that if her worry was that she looked her age, well, that shouldn't be a worry. Also, I totally get wanting her to look like Stevie (i.e. the shawls and top hat, boots, etc) but we were talking about releasing a DVD here and not going to see her in concert, or at least that's what I thought were were commenting on. I agree that no, I don't want to hear her sing the phone book, but maybe you were responding to what other people said because that's not what I said or meant to say. Anyway, let's hope she releases something in which she sounds great and looks like...Stevie.

Kevin