View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Just to be clear this is 20th September, not 20th October.

Channel 4
Fleetwood Mac's Songbird: Christine McVie

Christine McVie is undoubtedly the longest-serving female band member of any of the enduring rock ‘n’ roll acts that emerged from the 1960s. While she has never fronted Fleetwood Mac, preferring to align herself with ‘the boys’ in the rhythm section whom she first joined 50 years ago, Christine is their most successful singer-songwriter. Her hits include ‘Over My Head’, ‘Don’t Stop’ and ‘Everywhere’.

After massive global success in both the late 1970s and mid-1980s, Christine left the band in the late 1990s, quitting California and living in semi-retirement in Kent, only to rejoin the band in 2014. In this 90-minute film, this most English of singers finally gets to take centre-stage and tell both her story and the saga of Fleetwood Mac from her point of view.

Credits:
Interviewed Guest Christine McVie
Interviewed Guest Stevie Nicks
Interviewed Guest Mick Fleetwood
Interviewed Guest John McVie
Interviewed Guest Neil Finn
Interviewed Guest Mike Campbell
Interviewed Guest Stan Webb
Interviewed Guest Nancy Wilson
Executive Producer Mark Cooper
Director Matt O'Casey

I'm hoping there'll be more interviews than these listed. This must be the programme Richard Dashut was interviewed for- Surely he wasn't cut. It'll be interesting to hear from Stan Webb.

It's odd that two UK channels are holding Fleetwood Mac nights on the same day. These channels aren't linked in any way. I think the Christine McVie documentary is the only new programme.

Hi Fuzzy, you've put Channel 4 here, but I think you actually meant BBC4? We're both Brits, I think!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0008k8q

I'm looking forward to this, particularly regarding the early years. I suspect Mr B's defenestration will be artfully glossed over, but we shall see...