View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The Mac has been a dead band for awhile. The band itself does not make new music but did regroup to play the hits for cash grab tours. Since this thread is related to Chris, can we not honor her blunt honesty and admission that Fleetwood Mac was over. She said this years ago. She told the truth and Mick forced her to back track. After what Stevie did to the band I think she is smart enough to know she could never go back now that Chris is gone. She would not play with Lindey and Chris but will play without Chris? I dont think so. Stevie was hesitant to tour with the band without Chris in 2003. John is pretty much retired too. Will Lindsey play somewhere with Mick someday? I would probably guess yes. That may happen. I think one reason Chris went for it when Lindsey was fired was because she acknowledged this is probably the last time she could do this.

BigAl
There was a funny thread many years ago speculating what John and Chris chatted about on the amps during Stevie's LONG Gypsy intro. I would watch them every night and wish I could hear their conversation instead of Stevie's.

We cant be bitter. Its a miracle these past 9 years what she has done. We all got to reconnect with her and she touched us once again. We got monster sold out arenas and small intimate theaters plus a duet album with Lindsey and a reissue of solo songs CD. When I heard Songbird play in 2014, I sat there in awe because I never thought I would hear that song again live. I did and I am so thankful.
The bitterness hides the brilliance. Imagine for a moment she wanted to come back but could not get over her fear or she did not want to impose on the band since they carried on without her. Her passing would still be tough but because she has done so much these past 9 years does make it more difficult to accept. A woman in her 70s rejoining a rock band and doing what she did these past 9 years is nothing short of spectacular.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-02-2022 at 12:58 PM..