View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
Nothing has changed in over forty years, with the exception of a few serious music magazines (Rolling Stone is no longer on that list).

Back in July I heard a brand new interview with Mike Fleetwood from Sirius radio (U.S. satellite) taped last year in correlation to the 2009 FM U.S. tour. Mick said that without naming names, that the old blues guys went to Peter before Eric Clapton. "He was "the guy""., exact quote. The way Mick Fleetwood can/could play a blues shuffle beat, who can question him? There's a song on Eddie Boyd's "Blue Horizon's" CD that will make your jaw drop (Mick's performance). Otis Spann wanted Peter, Danny, and John for his solo album, yet not Mick. However with no insult, it was S.P. Leary. He was the greatest Chicago blues drummer of all time.

I know at the time Mick felt frustrated playing simple time beats, but it's obvious now that he's over 60, he misses that period of his life. A blues shuffle beat is an art form, and Mick, with the possibility of Aynsley Dunbar were the best from Britain.

If Hendrix quoted "Oh Well", then it's an obvious fact. As Hendrix respected/quoted/played Cream songs, Dylan songs, and the Beatles. Do you happen to know the concert? Is it buried somewhere on "Band of Gypsies?"
As I'm sure you've heard (or seen on the DVD), Mick can still blues drum with the best of them! The guy is just phenomenal!! I make no apologies for being a huge fan of Mick's. He's my drumming idol, hands down, no exceptions. Having recently gotten my copy of the "Blue Again" DVD, I was blown away again by Mick's blues drumming. Having been away from it professionally for so many years, it's great to see him back to his roots again. I love it and hope he continues with the MFBB for years to come. Whether or not the Buckingham/Nicks era of FM is finally over or not. Long Live the MFBB!!!!!!