View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, about Christine, unless she just totally hates Lindsey's guts, what is her problem??

I mean, she's kind of bullet proof. What could Stevie have done to her if she didn't take Stevie's side? Stevie could refuse to tour, but let's be honest, Stevie wants the FM money as well. If she flounced off and refused to tour, she would only hold out another year and then she'd cave in and do another tour, even if she said she wouldn't. But refusing to tour is the only power Stevie has over Christine.

Stevie can't push Christine out of the band, because she'd look awful. What would that do to her public image, mistreating another woman who is a musician (unlike Stevie), who is responsible for some of the band's hookiest (if not deepest) tunes, who is older than Stevie and who is not widely thought to be as sexy. I mean, Christine looks great to me, but I mean the general public. Stevie would look like the "mean girl" and self-centered bully if she tried to get rid of Christine. So, Christine could basically curse Stevie out and say she would never agree to firing Lindsey. Stevie would have no recourse. Why couldn't Christine just stand up to her.

Christine used to tell people off all the time. Remember how Mick said that Stevie tried to throw a tantrum because she wasn't on Tango and Christine told her off and said the reason she wasn't on Tango was because she wasn't there? Christine made Stevie pipe down. She was like, "I'm sorry you're not on Tango. I wanted you on my Tango songs, but YOU WEREN'T HERE, SO SHUT UP." She had no problem treating Stevie like the little sister that you had to tell to be quiet.

I guess being away from the band for so long made her feel that she had to be humble and meek when she returned. She had to be grateful to them for letting her back, but FORGET that.