View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
everything is south or west. my guess is he didn't want to overcommit to start. He's going to see how he holds up, and if all goes well I'd assume a midwest and east leg added probably for July/August
i think this is the tour he planned for spring 2019. it was gonna be a second leg of Solo Anthology tour. and he said he did so many dates all over the east coast that he's done with it for anthology tour and will do just other part of the country.

so my assumption is he might add some more west coast dates if this goes well, but that will be it.

and then maybe Blue Light and touring that in the fall, if everything's well. those were the plans for 2019, i believe. it all moved for a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
He was probably joking but on his last tour he said that "maybe next time the audience can pick the songs" when people shouted favorites. Now wouldn't that be cool!
I know, its uncomfortable and many performers don't operate like that. But just imagine the possibilities.

He may not see or read it but I tweeted to him to put Loving Cup and Wrong into the set. Wrong would make the perfect opener.
yes we've been on his case for doing a request portion of the show since OMS tour in 2012. he promised us he'd do it - put together a menu of songs and people can vote on it. so who knows, he might do it! we should remind him.

i've seen Vampire Weekend last summer and they seriously take 3-4 random requests from the audience towards the end of the show. it was really cool!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"