View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Your reference to Trouble as a solo track instead of a Fleetwood Mac track (presumably because you think it's an obvious single) is inaccurate and largely irrelevant. There's no indication anywhere that Lindsey sat down deliberately to write a single with Trouble, first of all, and the track he ultimately crafted has enough sonic and lyrical merit that it would be idiotic to categorize it as a crass appeal to the mass audience. It's a quirky personal statement that is nonetheless pop. Yes, I realize that Lindsey called it the obvious single, but that's in the context of that particular album.
I love Trouble and it's placement on the album.

The first four tracks of Bwana, Trouble, Mary Lee Jones, and Tell You are such a wonderful concise start of the album. In that context, Trouble feels like a sharp and terse interlude into the stylings of Mary Lee Jones.

As much as I love some of the tracks on Mick's albums. Lindsey actually understands his own concepts/visions and even has a grasp of the "avant Gard" elements in his pop. Whereas, Mick sort of throws a Hail Mary and hopes it lands into something that gives him funds, artistic accolades, or popularity. AND...needs other writers to help him formulate that end result.

I often wonder if he let Tusk happen just to keep the Rumors 5 together (anticipating another selling album afterward). vs. I see Lindsey's vision and I am going to back him up to let this compelling art make it's birth.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-22-2019 at 01:09 PM..