View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
When a song comes on when I'm in a public place, I listen. I might even strain to hear it, but it makes me sad. As you said, it's certainly not the same and I just feel torn up about Christine. I've known what Mick and Stevie were for a long time now. I once loved Stevie. I don't think I've ever loved Mick. Maybe I liked him but didn't love him. Maybe I loved him and didn't like him, but I NEVER respected him. At any rate, it's easy to simply despise Mick and Stevie as the inevitable conclusion of the path I've been on.

But with Christine I just tear up and I hear her voice over a speaker and it makes me yearn. I can't believe it has ended like this. Honestly, this is a much more painful ending than Sonny Bono skiing into a tree after I'd been a fan of his since childhood.
So well said. I NEVER thought Christine would EVER come back. The fact that we had all 5 fireflies in the palm of our hands for even just a brief time was such an amazing thing. This last tour was so disappointing. I've just been waiting for it to be over so we can "move on."