View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I actually think her not having children was SMART. She wasn't going to take the time necessary to raise them that's for sure. What we'd likely have seen would be kids who ended up in rehab -- this is a woman who let her DOG eat COCAINE ffs. NOT good mother material. This is a woman who fed her friend her klonopin when she was at a mega dose just to see what would happen. NOT good mother material. Should she have been smarter and more responsible about birth control? Absolutely. But she shouldn't have had kids to make others feel better. Those kids would be, in my opinion, based on the evidence of her behavior and attitudes, totally effed up. And they would have some nice abandonment issues as she left them to tour the world and get high while they were raised by whomever, and who knows how well. If you're gonna have kids, you should commit to raising them and protecting them from all the abuse and perversion in the world. She wouldn't have done that, and I wouldn't wish that kind of upbringing on anyone. And don't tell me her mother could have raised them or whatever-- why should she, after having done the right thing raising her own kids, get stuck raising the kids of her irresponsible selfish daughter? Nope, I think everyone was better off with her not having them.
I agree with this. Since Stevie brought up the possbility of children in this interview I think it is fair game to discuss her own words about having/not having children however I wish the discussion would not turn into a moral argument on abortion.

For what it is worth, usually when Stevie discusses not having had children, she expresses sorrow about the eight years she lost to Klonopin. I think that is the time she feels like she could have had or raised a child, rather than the earlier years such as during Buckingham Nicks, the peak of Fleetwood Mac or the start of her solo career.

I think her statement about probably having boys was entirely in jest, poking fun at her reputation as a "fairy godmother" to so many women. She jokes that she envisions this house full of sisters of the moon and laments that this never came to fruition but in reality she could have had all boys and her affinity for the female energy would have been useless.

I would love to see Stevie collaborate with more of her "daughters." Her work with Sheryl Crow for Trouble in Shangri-La and Practical Magic is lovely and I love the way her voice blends with Lana Del Rey's in Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems.

I don't even like Taylor Swift, but imagine if she collaborated with Taylor Swift (in the studio, never again live after that one Grammys performance), or Vanessa Carlton, or Haim, or Lorde or even my ultimate fantasy, Beyonce! I would love to see that.