View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 07:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

Law & Order was recorded in between sessions for Mirage, and you can tell that he brought some of his retro vibe from the L&O sessions to Mirage, so I think that sound was certainly inspired and was his main direction for his songs. I remember somewhere reading that Mick said on the first day of the Mirage sessions, Lindsey showed up wearing his best Elvis attire, or throwback attire, something to that effect.

I like Lindsey's songs on Mirage. But Lindsey was forced to be more more mainstream, which is apparent in Book of Love, Can't Go Back and especially Oh Diane. Those songs are fine (Book of Love is my favorite of his 5 songs). But in Empire State and Eyes of the World, you can see that Lindsey is still pushing the musical boundaries as far as he could and still be able to get away with it. Love those two songs too. The demo version of Empire State is probably how he really wanted it to sound on record but had to use a more polished and toned down version for the final product, but even that is pretty left field.

My main question is, what would Lindsey have to say about his 5 songs on Mirage. That would be interesting to hear.