View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think May 2019 Mojo thread is way too long and too convoluted. what's in that article needs a new discussion thread now when we actually got to read the whole thing.

some things i enjoyed about the article and interviews;
  • Mick finally admitting he / the band lied in CBS interview and all their PR, and that it was Stevie who pulled the trigger as Lindsey was saying from the start
  • Christine saying that the issue was between Stevie and Lindsey, not the rest of the band
  • Billboard article came out the same day where their managers (Sheryl Lewis and Carl Stubner) stick with the original April 2018 script they sent to all outlets. it looked completely ridiculous having 2 completely different version coming out from the band members and from their management on the same day
  • some of the song descriptions
  • Rick Vito saying he's watching "with interest" what's going on with the band now
  • Mick basically saying "screw you" to all the fans being unhappy with the band and their lies on social media

there are more but these are what i can remember right now.
I hope a couple of years from now Lindsey can watch them "with interest" from afar, just like Rick is doing now. And smile.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 03-20-2019 at 07:31 PM..