View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I prefer the original studio version to ANY officially released live version...they seem to file down the edges in post-production. There are a few boots that kick butt...all edgy & ****. Even some bootleg live versions post-Lindsey, with Billy on vocals and Rick just soaring on the end solo are great.

But, even still, nothing does it for me like the original studio version. I still remember the first time I heard it, in October 1976...being behind the wheel of my parents' 1973 Toyota Corolla station wagon driving home from school, cruisin' north on the 405 fwy between Westminster Ave & the 22 fwy merge (going the 55 mph speed limit), when it came on the radio...after a big build-up by the DJ that they were about to debut the new Fleetwood Mac single...by Lindsey's ending solo, I had that little 4-cyl engine whining, and had that station wagon going 85 mph before I knew it.

Just as a side note: My parents finally got rid of that station wagon last summer (when they bought a Toyota Prius)...the odometer never got to 100,000 miles. I think it only had 96,000+ miles on it when they sold it.

Last edited by chiliD; 12-01-2005 at 07:32 PM..