View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 04:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hello!

I used to post a little bit around here a while back. Some of you older members might remember me. I'm Jennifer and I lived in Kentucky. I was a massive FM/SN fan virtually all my life. Around 2004/2005 I started drifting away to other artists and when I listened to FM or Stevie it was the older recordings.

I was really heavy into trading for a while and met so many wonderful folks through that. I remember Brian J. (one of my very favorites), Sara M. (who owned the awesome sararhiannon.com), Tiffany (BlueWhiteFire) and Neil (FM UK). I also did A LOT of trading with Paolo (got some super rare--for the time--concerts on cassette from Paolo!). I also have a great fondness in my heart for Mathew G. (he's on the board but I truly can't remember his screen name). I remember him being such a wonderfully nice and down to earth guy. It was always a pleasure talking with him on the boards or in an email.

One of my hobbies was also briefly maintaining a web site, The Three Birds of Rhiannon. I LOVED going through all the 'old school' demo and outtake CD's and gathering together all the different versions of the songs and making list after list. It was an old Geocities site (if anyone here still remembers that!) I had always wanted to put the site back online in a blog or something. In 2012 I had a house fire and lost all my data files and boots, and with it, my ability to put the site back together. I went through the Internet trying to find all the old demo sets but all the old school sets seem to have disappeared in favor of master reel compilations. I also went through the Internet Archive hoping to find old pages but didn't find as much as I hoped. I posted some concerts a few years back here on the boards.

I met the person I love more than anything in this world on the Ledge: my dearest friend, Adam. He and I used to talk on AIM every night for hours (he lives in Canada and I'm in the US). His friendship and support got me through some of the hardest and worst times in my life. I probably would have given up a long time ago were it not for him. No matter what my situation, I would move heaven and earth to get to him if he needed me. We don't get to talk that much anymore since both of our lives have changed so drastically. I have to say that if it wasn't for the Ledge I never would have had him in my life. And my life was so much better just because he was, and is, in it.

Since my days of being a poster here I've moved from Kentucky to North Carolina. I've gotten married and am the step mother to two children, a 13 year old boy and a 15 year old girl. I lost my mother on August 5, 2015. Lost my car in an accident the following April, had 3 surgeries, had both legs burned and grafted, lost all my savings, my house in Kentucky was burglarized and virtually destroyed and lived through a horrible cycle of domestic violence (all coming from a 13 year old kid). Life has been HARD; almost unbearable since July 2015 but I've managed. Every day I want to run home to Kentucky but that isn't really an option anymore. I got back into FM/SN music and that's kept my spirits up more than I ever thought it would. It's an ugly story but I'm a survivor.

I still lurk on the boards when I can. It's nice to see the old names I remember from the good old days. You know you're old when you start using that phrase!

"I think animal testing is a terrible idea. They get all nervous and give silly answers."--Stephen Fry, A Bit of Fry & Laurie