View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
With Tom Petty's passing I've got two scenarios going through my head...

Tom's death makes Stevie reflect on the finite-ness of life and draws her towards making a last Fleetwood Mac album.

Stevie makes an album with The Heartbreakers- a tribute to her great friend and thus fulfilling her long wish to be a Heartbreaker.

Quite probably neither, but I'm wondering which is more likely at this moment in time???
As you said, none of them will probably happen, but if I have to choose one, definitely the album with The Heartbreakers... if they ever want to make a tribute album with her.

I don't think any life changing situation (not even with someone from FM) will make her go back to the studio to make a final album. Besides, I don't think she will be asked again once this tour is over.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
- Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.