View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From the track listings, it would appear that track one through three are from an April 1965 BBC session and tracks eight through thirteen (a total of nine) are from 1966 BBC sessions -as McVie was most certainly in with the Bluesbreakers during this time, it seems safe to say that it is he playing bass on the tracks -

As to the one previously unreleased BBC track (on bootleg) on the box set, it may be a bit more difficult to confirm whether or not Green plays on it without actually hearing it - the track, "No More Tears" was from Mayall's "Blues Alone" on which he played all the instruments except the drums and it could very well be a solo track.

I will see if I can find more specifics but I hope this helps in the meantime - if this is a "Decca" release, than hopefully they have cleaned up the tracks to the same degree as the "Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac Live at the BBC" - that would at least make it worth purchasing yet again!

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder