View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafield View Post
I hadn't been to these forums in years, but I had to take a look once I saw this latest round of battier-than-ever interviews. Nowhere else do I see people calling it out.

Does anyone remember how Joe Walsh used to call her and say he was visiting, so she would kick everyone out of her house and then wait for him to... never show up? Not exactly the strong, independent feminist behavior she touts she and Christine exhibited back then.

I would say this is part of cognitive decline, but she has always rewritten history, from an early age. She always surrounded herself with yes people. Sure, the other members may have had girlfriends, family on the road. But Stevie needed to surround herself with a "magical cloak" (or whatever she is calling it these days) of yes-friends from as far back as Rumours tour.

I do believe she knew what she was doing with Jimmy Iovine, though. Oh yeah, he made her hide in the basement and read magazines and make English muffin pizzas while he worked with the big guys upstairs. (You know, like feminists do.) But her main goal was to infiltrate the Heartbreakers, and she did manage that.
And she doesn't come off so great in that regard in Tom's bio. She saw Jane Petty as the weakest link in accessing Tom... Jane had a weakness for cocaine and Stevie freely indulged her to get her and keep her on side. The biographer clearly presents it as Stevie used Jane to get nearer to Tom.

Also, in the book where Tom himself vividly describes his relationship with Jane as abusive and loveless for many years at the end, Stevie is quoted as saying their marriage was sooo loving and magically fabulous and denying Tom's account. I think if anyone knew better it was Tom, as it was HIS marriage. One of his daughters also said she didn't see the bad stuff, but then, she was a child and these were her parents whom she loves so it's to be expected she wouldn't be maybe as aware of what was really going on. Stevie on the other hand just comes off as someone who doesn't really pay close attention to what is going on with other people around her and still thinks she knows best. I mean, who the hell thinks giving your pal your full dose of prescription meds to see what happens is a good idea?? Or lets her dog eat cocaine??

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-29-2020 at 04:25 PM..