View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 07:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
She's such a "feminist" she let Jimmy stash her in the basement to read magazines while he hung out with Tom Petty. She was a bona fide STAR then, and equal to Petty, but......she soft pedaled it to not hurt Jimmy's male ego coz she needed his help.
I hadn't been to these forums in years, but I had to take a look once I saw this latest round of battier-than-ever interviews. Nowhere else do I see people calling it out.

Does anyone remember how Joe Walsh used to call her and say he was visiting, so she would kick everyone out of her house and then wait for him to... never show up? Not exactly the strong, independent feminist behavior she touts she and Christine exhibited back then.

I would say this is part of cognitive decline, but she has always rewritten history, from an early age. She always surrounded herself with yes people. Sure, the other members may have had girlfriends, family on the road. But Stevie needed to surround herself with a "magical cloak" (or whatever she is calling it these days) of yes-friends from as far back as Rumours tour.

I do believe she knew what she was doing with Jimmy Iovine, though. Oh yeah, he made her hide in the basement and read magazines and make English muffin pizzas while he worked with the big guys upstairs. (You know, like feminists do.) But her main goal was to infiltrate the Heartbreakers, and she did manage that.