View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I had the opposite reaction. It made my opinion of Christine drop. She stayed silent the entire time and claimed to be in London when the coup happened. She could have stopped it. Instead she was passive while even John and her looked at $$$$$ instead of the legacy of the band. Chris and John let Stevie control Mick. For her to reach out to him after settlement seems like a nice gesture and I am sure Lindsey appreciates it. But its a little too late IMHO. For Chris to say what she said about her and possibly even Stevie missing him really tells you the buyer's remorse they have. I think it finally sunk in what they did to themselves. No band member should have that much power. Lindsey states he has no idea why Stevie acted the way that she did but felt she was looking for reasons. IMHO it was clearly the Buckingham/McVie project where the rest of the band went on and recorded without her. It was a jealous rage the same kind when Stevie found out Lindsey and Chris wrote World Turning together. I think Chris and Stevie realize the cover band version of themselves they have become.

I second this. It makes me so sad. Yes, its good to hear she had no say and didn't agree, but why the f**k didn't she make a stand and say 'No! this isn't right. This isn't going to happen Stevie'???
If as it seems this really was all about his smirking (or really just a power thing based on years of animosity) and not related to a particular argument that occurred at Musicares, then Chris and the rest of the band should have had the moral compass to stand up for what was right. Instead they bowed to the Sith Lord.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood