View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can I cheat, Viv? Can I choose one or two that were demo's for BTM but were not chosen for the album? Ah, I saw you nodding your head. Okay.

Christine:

1) I really love the title song Behind the Mask, it's dark, mysterious, and sexy.

2) Skies the Limit was a good choice (although I would have liked it better if SOMEBODY involved in this album could have caught the misspelling).

Stevie:

1) What Viv said about Love Is Dangerous is 100% spot on. (It's credited to both S & R, but hearts made of crystal crumble like castles of sand is certainly Stevie-jargon).

2) Freedom, although I'd like to hear it more edgy and angry, and less bouncy.

Billy:

In The Back of My Mind was creative, and it played well live.

When The Sun Goes Down could have gotten some play on country-rock, too. Enjoyable.

Rick:

(Here's where those demos come in. )

Got No Home should have been on the album, and could well have been released as a single. Tasteful hard-rocking winner - coulda been a hit.

Intuition What were they thinking, not using this great song? I like Stevie's background vocal (as done on King of Hearts) better than the Chris/Billy backing (as done on the demos).

(I like both of those songs better than Stand on The Rock.)

And that album cover was a truly awful idea!!!!!!!!!!! I thought the idea was to establish the identity of the new line-up - not sabotage that identity with a who-the-hell-are-these-people? cover photo!
Sabotage, I tell ya.