Thread: Hot Topics
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I must admit I do spend too much of my time following American political news but I can't help it... I find it intriguing and...well... entertaining. Its like watching a Shakespearean play- often tragic. often laughable, sometimes horrific.

Don't think I've ever read Huff Post and I rarely look at CNN. I mostly read British newspapers online; Independent and The Guardian. I'll also admit to being addicted to openly left wingers like TYT, Bill Maher and Stephen Colbert.

Fox News and then everything else; there are normal views and regular opinions, and then there are extreme views as pushed by Fox. That Fox is one of the very few major news outlets that push such a far right wing agenda should tell you all you need to know. There is a reason why the much maligned 'mainstream media' are called the mainstream.
I've just returned from a week without wifi and I've suddenly remembered about an English paper called Savage that was recommended by famous writer Roberto Saviano a few months ago for its knowledge about Italy's economic and political history, can you tell me something about it?

In the same article he was also praising another American magazine called Jacobin and the writer David Broder in particular that writes for both papers if anyone of you knows them.