View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
SteveMacD, I owe you an apology. You are absolutely right about the release date of "Heroes". I am so sorry, I got confused over the fact that it was five albums and not five years. Please accept my apology.
Accepted. I get that there's frustration with all of this.

Quote:
But still, I must say you are wrong about Bob's start date with FM and the date he left.
Well, what ARE the dates? I've ventured to guess Bob joined sometime between late March to early May, without ever having seen a specific date, based solely on the FACT that Peter Green was with them until at least last March to finish the "Kiln House" tour, and that Bob's first gig was in very early June. That doesn't leave a whole lot of time, a month or two at most, which borders on minutiae. Bottom line: we fans know that Peter was playing with them in late winter/early spring and that Bob was playing live with them in early June. So, sometime between those two events Bob must've joined.

As for when he left, I'm not backing down on that one. Bob never played or had any intentions of playing with Fleetwood Mac as a member after December 31, 1974, which is the date they asked Lindsey and Stevie to join. If there's any proof to suggest otherwise, I'd love to see it. If there's anything to suggest Bob had any intentions of being in the band with Buckingham and Nicks, please show it.

THE Stephen Hopkins