View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Lindsey

his strongest set of songs, both musically and lyrically, i feel is the GOS/SYW period - which was really the mid to late 90s. i guess that coincides with the period in his life when he finally cleaned up and got re-rooted. songs he wrote for the originally GOS that ended up scattered on SYW, UTS and GOS were incredibly strong set of songs (and what makes SYW such a great album, beyond poppiness and adult comtemporariness of your mainstream Rumours-era FM. i feel Lindsey's 2nd best periods are Seeds (2010-2011) and Tusk periods. beyond those 2, he had individual or 2-songs flashes (like SHN and GYOW pair) but not the whole sets like during GOS, SWS and Tusk.
Agreed. I think the original GOS would have been Lindsey's strongest collection of songs. Period. So I would say SYW, but Tusk is right up there, followed by Rumours. My least favorite periods would be white album and Mirage. In fact, I rarely listen to his white album songs at all, except for Crystal, which, of course, was written by Stevie.

Christine -- as everyone has mentioned, she's very consistent. There are only two songs she's ever written I truly dislike (One More Night and Only Over You). I'd probably rank Tango and Rumours first, and Mirage last, mostly because of the aforementioned Only Over You and Love in Store, which I could take or leave.

Stevie -- Tusk is her best, easily. However, she was really good until 1983. Worst: Tango/Behind the Mask. I haven't listened to When I See You Again, Welcome to the Room..Sara, or any of her BTM material in years.