View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 04:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i guess my math is different but you and i can get that sorted out in Canton!

i see only 4 songs that were really different in the set:

Tell Me All the Things You Do- vocals by Neil
Hypnotized
Isn't It Midnight
All Over Again

butchering of untouchable classic like Black Magic Woman? that's unforgivable. i'd rather hear it from a different cover band that can actually do it justice. if people who were spitting on Lindsey's versions of Oh Well are now saying this BMW is worth seeing? well in that case we definitely cannot talk music. your ears are calibrated way different then mine, and i had a lot of classic musical education, actually. oh i and people said while his guitar parts were ok Mike's voice on Oh Well was sad to listen to. most comments were - does he ever sing? good thing he didn't try to sing anything else.

Isn't It Midnight is nowhere near my favorites of Christine-Lindsey co-writes but i would have loved to hear that one from the 2 of them if nothing for Lindsey's guitar solo. maybe next BuckVie tour?
The 9 songs I was referring to were the 4 you mentioned, plus Black Magic Woman, Don't Dream It's Over, I Got You, Storms, and Free Fallin'.

I haven't heard any of the audio from the concert, so I can't comment on how the band sounded, but I'm excited about the set list. I don't care for Oh Well, World Turning, BMW, or TMATTYD, but since I've never heard the last 2 live, and I like the idea of switching lead vocals, again, I'm more excited than I would have been. For example, I don't care for Christine's song Why, but if Lindsey sang it live, I would be more interested and curious to hear it than I would have been otherwise. Same thing with BMW. Not sure why anyone spit on Lindsey's version of Oh Well, he did as good a job as anyone else, as far as I was concerned. It's just not a song I like no matter who's singing it. I appreciate your background in music but yeah, we will all have different opinions about music and songs and it doesn't mean one person is right or wrong for liking a song or not. I don't know that Mike sings much, but I saw a video of him singing Free Fallin' and I thought he did a great job... and that's a song I don't care for, and I really hate Stevie's recorded version, so I doubt I'll like her live version.

I noticed FM never performed Isn't It Midnight when Lindsey and Christine toured with the band, or on the Buck/Vie tour, so I wonder if maybe he doesn't particularly care for that song live? Although I'm sure if Christine really wanted to sing it, they would have, I just thought it was interesting.

I am extremely excited to see FM in early November and LB in late November! This is an incredible and unbelievable opportunity to see 2 great concerts in a short period of time. I really am not much of a concert goer at all, I've probably only seen 10 different artists in my lifetime, but FM is a band I've seen 4 other times, and I imagine this will be my last time seeing them.