View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
He has been told that even Stevie misses him in her heart. If this was true, Lindsey would be burning bridges for outing Christine's escape hatch from his firing and revealing possible Stevie regrets. It does raise suspicions. Just maybe this is the ultimate revenge.
Remember, in the email, Christine says: "I believe deep in Stevie's heart that ..."

So that doesn't even qualify as hearsay, let alone an actual statement by Stevie.

And for me, the most telling word was "deep (in Stevie's heart)."
While no doubt I'm reading too much into it, I personally can't help seeing that as indicating (intentionally or not) that Stevie is far, far from any regret about her decision as far as missing Lindsey's company goes. Either Christine wishes it were so, or she was merely drawing on her own lyrical penchant for turning a pretty, romantic phrase.

I'm not saying he's the Second Coming and is above inclinations to some revenge, but sharing the email is to me mostly about giving the public and fans some much-wanted information and closure after what's happened this year, particularly from the perspectives of (i) that it was Stevie and not the rest of the band and (ii) protecting the narrative of the Buckingham McVie (aka "LMJC") project and the legacy of the Rumours 5. Edit: And knowing that Christine would not be "permitted" by Stevie And The Machine to make statement publicly herself.

It may well be that Christine, to salvage her own reputation among fans and clarify her own position in the matter, gave Lindsey the go-ahead--possibly even at her own initiative--to make the email public, on the premise that Lindsey did not suggest that it was anything other than a private email that he had decided to publicly reveal.

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 12-12-2018 at 07:30 AM..