View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Although you have been very elaborate through the years, Stew, that is not the case for me. In a lot of discussions of the past i've had the feeling that there were no responds on the point I was making, but it floated away from it. Maybe because of my nonnative english, but basicly -in my view ofcourse- because it didn't acknowleged my viewpoint. That makes me snarky, perhaps, but if something is perceived as hostile, one can also ask where it is coming from. A lot of times there's a causal explanation.
Gerald -- I do apologize if I've ever made it seem like I don't acknowledge your discussion points, or that I've dismissed them out of hand. Even when I'm in disagreement, I believe every view is a valid one. Perhaps in my desire to express my own viewpoint, I don't take enough time to show that I've given consideration to the opposite view.

Since we're being open, from my perspective I've often felt the same from you... that if it's a view I've expressed, you're inclined to immediately brush it aside.

Perhaps that's something we unfortunately bring out in each other -- but, with a little effort from both of us, I don't think it has to always be like that.

At any rate, we do both want the same thing... an outstanding Fleetwood Mac album that will knock our socks off and that we'll be listening to for years to come. We just have different thoughts on what will make it so.