View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Lindsey Buckingham’s return to music after Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac fired him without cause from the band whose sound he created/perfected, then made libelous claims about him in the press, and, finally, left him so heartbroken he actually had a heart attack that necessitated a year of voice therapy to heal his damaged vocal chords.

Any sound he makes from here on out is a triumph.

We will rise from this Treason!

Caution: The Killers feat. Lindsey Buckingham
https://youtu.be/uU6PLP0PX2g
so perfectly said!

and how amazing is that?? The Killers!?!?! i love Lindsey and i love The Killers. and i have tickets to see both tours this late spring / summer, with high probability that i won't see either the way it's going. but this collaboration made my day and my week!!!!! so happy about it! right band for LB to collaborate with!!

as far as the song, this sounds like the Killers getting back to their roots - which i mostly adored, while was not that much into their hugely successful most recent album - but this to me is not nearly as great than their older hits. still Brandon Flowers' voice is as fantastic as ever, and yes - you can hear Lindsey's touches all over that song, and a pretty classic Lindsey guitar outro at the end.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"