Thread: Twin Peaks 2016
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I was never really interested in Twin Peaks when it came out when I was a kid. Fairly recently though I watched Mulholland Drive and, man, it totally blew my head. In fact, it might just be one of the most intriguing films I've ever seen. I've been meaning to watch Inland Empire and Blue Velvet for a while now. I guess I'll also have to watch the new Twin Peaks series too.
Mulholland Drive is easily his best work.

Twin Peaks was an excellent show, but a mere footnote to the towering TV achievement of Peyton Place.

Although the cast is obviously mostly excellent and any returning players are welcome, I think it reveals Lynch's worst traits that he has (apparently) REFUSED to hire Lara Flynn Boyle as payback for her not returning for Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. This, in spite of her pleas. She was central to the success of the show (the great montage of grieving that opens the series--and especially her role in it--is the series high-point). Boyle was a daring artist--as proven by Twin Peaks and the MAGNIFICENT films Equinox and Afterglow. She was also cursed with a particular kind of youthful beauty and has disfigured herself trying to maintain that beauty through really unfortunate plastic surgery. If Lynch weren't so spiteful, he might have provided the opportunity to redeem her ravaged humanity in Twin Peaks Season 3.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 05-08-2017 at 03:56 PM..