View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, I've never thought about this. I've always assumed that it was Snowy on lead guitar, the same as on the LP. But the more I listen to it, the more I think it sounds like Peter. Could it be that Snowy is wrong???

Listen to the beginning: There's the rhythm guitar starting off. And then Peter chatting in the background?!? It doesn't sound as if the chatting is coming from the same person who is playing the rhythm guitar. I know it sounds stupid, but the thing is that the rhythm guitar is going on uninterrupted by the voice. Instead there is a few doodles from another guitar in the background, coming between Peters chatting. It would be much more likely that this guitar comes from the same person speaking (i.e. Peter). And this guitar eventually starts the real solo in the song.

And the same thing goes for that other outtake on the Goldtop CD: "In the Skies". Again, the solo here really sounds like Peter. And of course, we know from the In The Skies LP sleeve notes that Peter is playing the 2nd lead guitar on that particular song.

Of course, it could be Snowy trying to sound like Peter. But wouldn't it be more likely (especially from a record company point of view) to try to sound like Peter Green 1970 style?? Instead, this guitar solo really sound like Peter Green's laidback 1979 style.

Whoever is playing, the solos are great. Personally, my money now is on Peter.

Last edited by dansven; 08-06-2014 at 09:13 AM..