View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
h

(if what Clifford Davis says is true about him "buying" MOTW into the #2 slot there then)? Just curious.

John
What is this Clifford Davis story? I've not heard it before . Where can I read it?

I was around at the time , I certainly remember seeing them perform it"live"(Ie they were in the studio rather than a promo vid etc ) on Top of the Pops- better than the performance on German prog Beat Club(I think ) with ,what I consider, annoying mirror image proto psychedelic effects! That's the only clip they ever seem to use. I hope the TOTP one is still there in the archive ,and will be discovered and broadcast one day! I doubt the song went straight in the charts at no 2 , so the appearance(s) on TOTP must have exposed them to a wider audience, and increased sales dramatically and about all I can say about it is that it's a wonderful song, whether it got in the charts or not ,and of course ,I feel it deserved a high chart postion! I was fan. I loved the song. I wanted my favourite band to have success, I wanted (even)more people to realise how good they were !

Last edited by THD; 05-24-2011 at 12:30 PM..