View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
As for her complaining about touring (someone else posted about that) being away from home for a year or more I can see certainly being unappealing especially after having done it for decades.
A year no longer feels like a year. Especially when you are having fun. Sobreity will give her the time to see the world in ways she never took the time before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Certainly, no matter how rich you are, it can't match the comforts of home. You can have every luxury, but moving to a different location every two nights just isn't fun. It's no big deal when you're young and building up your millions, but once you have them and are 70 the benefits don't outweigh the cons.
She said in that recent interview that what she thought she wanted for her life at home turned into something she really did not want for herself. After therapy I believe she has come to the conclusion that her destiny is touring and recording music. I believe all musicians will continue to perform as long as there is a paying audience, until the day they die.
Even before Stevie announced in the pre tour interviews that this was not the last FM tour, I was telling friend's the same thing when they'd ask me about that. When I was in my teens, 20's & 30's my current age seemed ancient but now that I am over(cough, cough) 50, I realize that age is just a number and that if one has good health they will be inclined to keep working. Working is good for the soul. Retirement is nice if you have a lot of hobbies.
Chris has just had a 15 year vacation and to her it probably felt like 5 years. After age 40 you will watch your years fly by like a whip through the air.