View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Ohhhhhhhkay....Yeah, when you look at it that way, it gives John McVie "original member" status, but then that negates Jeremy Spencer as being an "original member", though. So?
Not really. Maybe "original member" was a bad choice of phrase. However, at some point during that session, Peter got the idea to form his own band, which was going to include Mick and John. I think he already felt that he had his own band at that moment. For me, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac was really born at that moment. So while McVie wasn't an "original member" in the true sense of the word, the band was built with McVie in mind, hence why it was partially named after him. I guess we could still call him a "founding member" of Fleetwood Mac. Peter knew McVie was eventually going to join the band, with probably 90% certainty. At best, Brunning was just a temporary bassist. People generally don't say Peter Green officially rejoined Fleetwood Mac in 1971, because he didn't. He just helped the band out on an understood temporary basis.

THE Stephen Hopkins